What is this Requirement of a Self-Statement?
SMIRK ( smirkers-of-the-world ) requires a commitment to some
[self-]projects that attract you, so you must describe some.
a base understanding of the situationist
critique so that anarchoids, leftoids, and professors/students who donn
the term like a commodity don't clog up authenticizing
expression with more (and mere) contemplative waiting lines (i.e.,
waiting for something to happen once the terminology and tee-shirt are
I'm less judging and more wanting to find playmates that know that play
is not the talk and spectatorship found on the www.nothingness.org
"no-requirements" type of site. Everyone starts from somewhere when
they grab their own bootstraps and that's what's most important.
There's no grading system in place, just an appreciation of effort and
So, as example, here's some of my publicized projects -- accomplished and under construction -- for years 2005 and 2006:
An ongoing project is the organizational platform that details how the
current hierarchically obscured social relations may be abolished or
ransacked for forms based in direct democracy, council communism, etc.
We are in need of exploring the material base (free energy, new
physics, zero-point energy, proactive health) that will leave the
collars of the old system without the collarable. There's also
translating key texts from English and French into all other languages.
Then, of course, there are all the interventions that use both sides of
paradox to expand the stakes and game....
- initiated the translation of the first two of eight post-1990 Vaneigem texts from French to English
- created and made available in web-streamable format The End of Prehistory 90-minute radio show created by For Ourselves: Council for generalized Self-Management
- initiated discussion of and task-ownership by an associate who has added English voice-dubbing to Debord's Society of the Spectacle film
- upgraded my Lust for Life web site
to an industrial-strength Windows-free web host -- with lots of room
for expansion, sub-sites, and connectivity-oriented technos
- took numerous works by For Ourselves' Feanor from text to a Lust for Life accessible web format
- took numerous works by Hermes de Nemores from text to an Adventures in Dialectics accessible web format
- took numerous unavailable works by Point-Blank! from text to a Lust for Life accessible web format
- making What Is Class Consciousness? by Wilhelm Reich available for the first time on the web/internet
Hope this explains what a self-statement requirement entails: your
imagination unveiling itself to its terrain and how playmates will get
you that world without christian-judeo-islamic sacrifice or
characterological fear and postponement of living. It starts with
acting as yourself not as someone or something else's....
To get the self-statement ball rolling, ask yourself:
How do I feel?
What do I want to accomplish to feel better?
What's preventing me from getting it now?
What's going to help me get it?
The questions start with one's self-examination, go through the social, and return to you....
It's not easy.
It entails self-discovery and self-definition in order to become who you imagine.
It means defining what you want from other selves.
It requires devising association and deed to quench self-reflexive subjectivity.
It's not about agreements as to who you are (a self-reduction to roles, ideologies, and their inconsequential object-acts),
but about agreements facilitating from how to become who you desire.